Managing Human Resources
About the Course:
The community association manager (CAM) has many important responsibilities; the most complex may be managing human resources that include the volunteer BOD members and paid employees. That task is often complicated by the challenging relationships that may develop among the CAM, BODs, owners, tenants, and guests.
- Describe orientation and training for members of the board of directors (BODs).
- List strategies to resolve disputes among the association BODs and owners.
- Define procedures for the BODs and employees to maintain confidentiality, security, and privacy rights of owners in the association.
- Discuss employee orientation, evaluation, and disciplinary sanctions.
- List the components of a personnel employment handbook.
- Explain the federal law and Florida statutes that support community association BODs and employee regulations.