Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment, 2nd Edition
Social Workers and Psychologists: 4 Hours
Professional Counselors: 4 Hours
About the Course
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is the fourth most common psychiatric disorder, so clinicians are likely to encounter it in clients seeking mental health treatment. Treatments for OCD take hard work, courage, and trust. Clients can learn strategies for managing their intrusive thoughts and compulsive behaviors, and minimize the effect of symptoms on their relationships with others and in their daily lives. This intermediate-level course provides information about differential diagnosis and reviews appropriate tools clinicians can use to identify and treat clients with this complicated disorder and help them achieve a stable recovery.
Social Workers completing this course receive 4 clinical social work continuing education credits.
Psychologists will receive 4 CE credits upon successfully completing this course.
Counselors will receive 4 credit hours upon successfully completing this course.
- Explain obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) etiology, diagnosis, and subtypes.
- Recognize important psychosocial factors underlying OCD.
- Differentiate between OCD, obsessive compulsive spectrum, and related disorders.
- Identify OCD assessment tools and clinical considerations.
- Explain effective treatments and interventions for OCD, including family interventions and neurosurgical options.
- Describe relapse prevention and outcome evaluations with respect to OCD.
About the Author
Leslie J. Shapiro, MSW, LICSW, is the author of Understanding OCD: Skills to Control the Conscience and Outsmart Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. She currently practices as a behavioral therapist at the McLean Hospital Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Institute in Belmont, MA, where she provides cognitive behavioral therapy treatment for people with refractory obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and related disorders in residential, partial, and outpatient programs.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print.
- Answer the final examination questions at the end of the course. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement.
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2019: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing, but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.