About the Course:
The student will gain a deeper understanding of this time-honored practice of embalming and human preservation that has never been more critical in the funeral industry.
- Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Define advanced embalming
- Discuss natural vs. artificial means of preservation
- Understand chemical components necessary for the purpose of proper preservation
- Identifying and treating special body conditions
- Prepare for and perform treatment for various difficult and trauma cases: Edema, decomposition, tissue recovery, long bone preservation, bleaching bruised areas, etc.
- Understand and practice embalming techniques focused around less common cases
Lindsay A. Andre, FD, MBA is a Licensed Pennsylvania Funeral Director, Life and Annuity Agent and Certified Crematory Operator. After completing her funeral service education at the American Academy McAllister Institute in NYC, she completed her MBA with Strayer University in Washington DC. She works as a freelance course writing and revising consultant and Funeral Professional in Northeastern, PA writing continuing education courses for Funeral Directors, Crematory Operators and other Deathcare Professionals Nationwide.