Current Trends in the Funeral Industry
About the Course:
The funeral industry has had several significant changes these include, green or natural practices, preplanning or preneed, and alternatives to embalming. Funeral professionals need to stay current on trends and embrace the new.
- Identify and describe three significant changes in the funeral industry during the last decade.
- Explain the difference between preplanning and preneed contracts.
- Discuss the pros and cons of prepaid preneed contracts.
- Define the primary goals of green burials and requirements for certification.
- Describe alternatives for a viewing without embalming.
- Identify and explain four components of a home funeral and backyard burial.
- List three ways to make a funeral service less resource-intensive.
- Explain why most flowers purchased for funeral services are not “green.”
- List five differences between traditional and natural cemeteries.
- Choose and explain two new guidelines from OSHA and NFDA for the safe use of formaldehyde.
- Define resomation, and describe the process.
- List three ways cremations can be made more “green.”
- Identify four ways to use social media networking to market a business.
- Describe the most common services and/or merchandise associated with pet funerals.