HIV/AIDS - Communicable Diseases and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard
About the Course:
Many different types of bloodborne pathogens exist and can cause disease, understanding proper technique for your workplace and taking precautions to limit or avoid exposure.
- Understand OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogen standard.
- Understand proper sterilization and sanitation techniques for your instruments and workplace.
- Know the difference between HIV infection and AIDS.
- Describe how HIV/AIDS-infected employees should be treated.
- Describe the precautions you should take to limit exposure to blood- borne pathogens.