Modern Restorative Arts and Embalming Techniques
About the Course:
Restorative art has been unchanged for more than 100 years, but there are now new trends in the industry. The OSHA standards along with new and changing embalming and restorative practices will be explored in this course.
- Define the green funeral trend and explain how it impacts embalming and the restorative arts.
- List the OSHA guidelines for the use of formaldehyde in embalming.
- Identify the possible effects of formaldehyde on mortuary professionals and the environment.
- List four problem cases where embalming pre-injection is required.
- Select and describe three techniques to manage edema.
- Describe two alternative chemicals for embalming.
- Select and explain four techniques for bariatric embalming.
- Identify four components of pre-embalming analysis.
- Define the career of desairology and its function in mortuary practice.
- List the four areas of the desairology course of study for certification.
- Describe the importance of restorative art in the funeral process for families.
- Identify four examples of restorative art techniques for minor and major cases.
- Discuss the ethical principles and professional codes of conduct that apply to the practice of embalming and restorative arts.
- Describe three new trends that impact embalming and restorative arts today.
- Identify four objectives of ecobalming.