Texas Mortuary and Crematory Law Update, 2nd Edition
About the Course
The Texas Mortuary and Crematory Law Update course provides a review of regulations governing the funeral service and death care industry in Texas. The course covers updates to statutes and rules in the Texas Occupations Code, Health and Safety Code, and Administrative Code related to licensing, inspections, continuing education requirements, and ethical standards for funeral directors, embalmers, and funeral establishments. Key topics include the Texas Funeral Service Commission's responsibilities, license renewal procedures, new legislative changes, complaint investigation processes, and required documentation for embalming services. The course is intended to keep Texas funeral professionals informed on current laws and regulations that impact their licensure and professional responsibilities when serving clients.
- Describe the primary responsibilities of the Texas Funeral Service Commission.
- Explain the requirements needed to renew a license, i.e., continuing education, fees, criminal convictions, etc.
- Review any new legislative changes, including amendments and additions to the Texas Occupations and Health and Safety Codes that went into effect in 2023.
- Summarize the process of an investigation and investigative report when a violation has occurred.
- Discuss inspection procedures and regulations as provided for in Occupations Code, Chapter 651.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print which requires a 2-hour commitment of time.
- After completion of the course, complete the final examination. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Note to Nursing professionals: Depending on your state requirements, you will be asked to either affirm that you have completed the course, or you will be required to complete the Post-test included in the course.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is approved by the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice (APFSP) (Provider #1046). APFSP also approves all funeral courses. Many states accept APFSP approved courses. Colibri Healthcare, LLC is an approved Provider of continuing education by the following: Alabama Board of Funeral Service (Provider #P0036); Florida Division of Funeral, Cemetery and Consumer Services (Provider #113), in addition all courses are also approved by the state board; Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (Provider #274.000089); Indiana State Board of Funeral and Cemetery Service (Provider #CE10800701); Pennsylvania Department of State – Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training (Provider # CACE000025) and Approved Education Provider #FDCE00121, expires 02/01/2024; South Carolina (Provider #50-4007); and, Texas Funeral Service Commission (Provider #125). Colibri Healthcare, LLC has individual course approval through the following: Arizona Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers; Arkansas Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors; Georgia Board of Funeral Service; Massachusetts Board of Registration in Embalming and Funeral Directing; New Jersey State Board of Mortuary Science; and, Ohio Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors.