The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
About the Course:
Review the ADA compliance responsibilities for state and local government agencies, employers and places of public accommodation and what the specific obligations are.
- List and explain the three main areas in which funeral homes have legal obligations under the ADA.
- Explain required conduct for employers regarding the confidentiality of medical records.
- Discuss the defining features of “reasonable accommodation” and “undue hardship” and provide examples of each.
- Explain an employer’s responsibilities for making its facilities accessible.
- Distinguish between a funeral home’s responsibilities under Title I versus Title III of the ADA.
- Explain the significance of a “direct threat” under the ADA and why HIV is not considered one.
- Discuss a funeral home’s responsibilities to the hearing-impaired and whether an interpreter must be provided.
- Discuss some of the environmental concerns associated with CJD that might affect your work.