Conducting a Professional Client Interview and Massage Therapy Session
About the Course
When conducting a session it is important to establish a rapport with your client, explain how to receive a massage, and what they may expect to feel after the massage
- List steps in the initial interview protocol.
- Describe the rationale and method for establishing client rapport.
- Describe how to discuss past massage experience with clients.
- Determine the type of session the client is seeking and appropriate questions to ask.
- Explain the rehabilitative process for clients needing pain relief.
- Describe the pain scale, palpation application, and necessity for client feedback.
- Explain what to consider in a treatment plan and session protocol.
- Explain body positioning, draping and how to create a setting conducive to client relaxation and comfort.
- Explain how to receive a massage.
- Describe what clients may expect to feel following a massage session.
- List steps to conclude a successful client session.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
In accordance with the ANCC Standards for Commercial Support for continuing education, Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2019: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing, but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.