Recognizing and Responding to Human Trafficking in Texas
About the Course
This course focuses on how human trafficking occurs, ways to identify those who may be trafficked, safety protocols, and victim resources. This course meets the Human Trafficking requirement for Texas Professionals and is approved by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
Upon the completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the types and venues of human trafficking in the United States.
- Discuss communication strategies to assist with identification of trafficked persons
- Discuss the importance of safety planning and protocols
- Identify resources for reporting suspected victims of human trafficking.
About the Author
John Makopoulous, M.D., is an emergency department attending physician in Philadelphia and is the Chair for the healthy system’s credentialing committee. He serves as a member of the American Medical Association, Pennsylvania Medical Society, and American Academy of Emergency Medicine.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print.
- Answer the final examination questions at the end of the course. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
- Specific to Florida Nursing: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 70% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.?
©2022: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.?
Accreditations and Approvals
Elite Professional Education, LLC. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Activity Type: Knowledge
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider?of nursing continuing?professional development?by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Dental AGD code - 166?