Sexual Harassment Prevention for Illinois Healthcare Professionals
About the Course
The purpose of this education program is to teach healthcare professionals how to prevent and deal with sexual harassment in the workplace in the state of Illinois. Mechanisms to prevent and report sexual harassment are also discussed.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss federal legislation related to sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Explain how to report sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Discuss the impact of sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Identify interventions to help persons who have been sexually harassed.
- Discuss ways to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace.
About the Presenter
Alex Brewer, is a licensed pharmacist specializing in chronic disease and health and wellness. He received his Doctorate of Pharmacy and Masters in Business Administration from the University of Kentucky. Post-graduation, he stayed with the University of Kentucky to complete a community pharmacy residency with a focus in geriatric care, while also founding and operating a start-up supplement company. His pharmacy career has involved work in community pharmacy, managed care, and medical communications. An outdoor and health enthusiast, Alex primarily spends his time working out, being in or on the water, hiking, and finding new parks to explore.
How to Receive Credit
- View the entire recording or read the transcript in print online which requires a 1-hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 70% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.?
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accura