Treatment Planning For Clinical Massage
About the Course
To begin massage treatment planning gather the client information including any medications that could affect the treatment plan, and understand that it is important to document all the information.
- Identify client goals in order to begin treatment planning.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the importance of documentation and how to use it.
- Develop the ability to use an intake form and conduct an interview.
- Describe the two most common documenting formats.
- Explain how to assess a clientâ€™s pain.
- Describe the importance of a clientâ€™s medications and their influence on treatment planning.
- Understand a massage therapistâ€™s scope-of-practice.
- Develop the ability to use several assessments and the process of treatment planning based on their outcomes.
- Describe the most common massage techniques employed in a clinical massage.
- Describe how to proceed at the conclusion of the massage.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
In accordance with the ANCC Standards for Commercial Support for continuing education, Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2019: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing, but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.