Trigger Point Therapy for Wrist and Hand
About the Course
This course will explain how a trigger point forms in a muscle and what events lead to the formation and perpetuation. You will be able to describe to your client the use of trigger point charts and explain the effects of manual therapy on a trigger point.
Florida Massage: this course is approved as general hours. You will not receive hands-on credit for this course.
- Explain to their client how a trigger point forms in a muscle and what events lead to their formations and perpetuation
- Describe to their client the use of trigger point charts and the research that created them and demonstrate how they are used to locate trigger points
- Visibly perform an assessment of the clients posture to help determine possible locations of trigger points
- Demonstrate the use of flat, pincer and probing palpitation skills to locate trigger points and explain their choice their modality used as therapy
- Demonstrate the use of hot and cold therapy properly applied to a trigger point and demonstrate the use of passive/static stretching
- Demonstrate the use of pressure therapy when applied to a trigger point from the therapists perspective
- Explain the effects of manual therapy on a trigger point and describe the physical sensations of trigger point release from the clients perspective
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2022: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing, but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.