Clinical Update for Florida Nurses: HIV/AIDS, 2nd Edition
Preview this course before you buy: Click to view the CE course eBook
About the Course
The purpose of this course is to provide information about the transmission of, risk factors for, treatment options for, and strategies to prevent HIV infection. It meets the Florida Board of Nursing’s requirements for HIV/AIDS continuing education.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain how HIV is transmitted.
- Discuss the incidence and prevalence of HIV infection.
- Identify groups at high risk for HIV infection.
- Identify infections common to patients with HIV/AIDS.
- Explain strategies to prevent HIV infection in health care workers and in the general public.
- Identify treatment options for HIV infection.
- Discuss nursing interventions and intent to change practice.
About the Author
Adrianne E. Avillion, DEd, RN, is an accomplished nursing professional development specialist and healthcare author. She earned her doctoral degree in adult education and her MS in nursing from Penn State University and a BSN from Bloomsburg University. Dr. Avillion has held a variety of nursing positions as a staff nurse in critical care as well as physical medicine and rehabilitation settings, in addition to a number of leadership roles in nursing professional development. She has published extensively and is a frequent presenter at conferences and conventions devoted to the specialty of continuing education and nursing professional development. Dr. Avillion owns and is the CEO of Strategic Nursing Professional Development, a business that specializes in continuing education for healthcare professionals and consulting services in nursing professional development.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print, which requires a 1-hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 70% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Objectives as a method of enhancing individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest*
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options for a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2022: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation or circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Course ID: 73259