Collecting "Real-World Evidence" on Medicinal Cannabis in Your Practice
About the Course
This course provides up-to-date clinical and scientific information about medical cannabis that is of particular relevance to physicians, mid-level practitioners, pharmacists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals. Learners will begin to appreciate the many different constituents of the cannabis plant and will be able to summarize the pharmacology of two major cannabinoids, tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol. Learners will also become acquainted with possible side effects and adverse effects associated with cannabis use, drug interactions, and routes of administration.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Compare the differences between data acquired from randomized controlled trials (RCTs) and real-world evidence (RWE), showing an understanding of the pros and cons for each approach.
- Describe how RWE on medical cannabis can be collected in clinical practice.
About the Author
Dr. Alex Brewer is a licensed pharmacist and received his Doctor of Pharmacy and Masters in Business Administration from the University of Kentucky. Mr. Brewer completed a PGY1 pharmacy residency at the University of Kentucky, with a focus on community pharmacy and geriatrics. After completing his residency, Mr. Brewer worked as a clinical pharmacist helping patients with chronic disease management prior to working in the medical communications field.
How to Receive Credit
- Watch the entire webinar which requires a 1-hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 75% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest*
Dr. Alexander Brewer, Dr. Melani Kane, and Dr. Michael Ruggiero have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2022: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation or circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Course ID: 71479