Domestic Violence for Florida Nurses, 2nd Edition
Preview this course before you buy: Click to view the CE course eBook
About the Course
This course is intended to share information with all Florida nurses so that they know about Florida laws related to domestic violence. This course is also presented so that nurses will better understand the concept of domestic violence and will know how to better care for patients who are at risk of, or who have been targets of, domestic violence. It also discusses the prevalence of domestic violence in Florida and the U.S., as well as the impact that domestic violence has on patients and society. Different forms of domestic violence and the sequela on selected populations’ healthcare will be discussed. Also, national laws will be reviewed to enhance the reader’s knowledge of the resources available and the legal issues encountered by domestic violence victims.
Upon the completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Review Florida’s definition of domestic violence.
- Explain how COVID-19 can impact the sequela of domestic violence.
- Analyze the effects of domestic violence on specific populations.
- Discuss domestic violence mandatory licensure requirements for the state of Florida.
- Identify laws that impact domestic violence.
About the Author
Marquetta Flaugher, PhD, APRN-BC, is an advanced registered nurse practitioner who currently works at the Bay Pines VA Healthcare System in Bay Pines, Florida. She is an ANCC-certified family nurse practitioner and a psychiatric mental health nurse. She has given numerous presentations on domestic violence via publications and national presentations. She is a member of several professional nurse practitioner organizations. She teaches masters-level leadership courses online at Southern New Hampshire University and online nurse practitioner courses at Chamberlain University.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print which requires a 2-hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 70% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.?
©2022: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.?
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider?of nursing continuing?professional development?by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.