Domestic Violence in Kentucky for Nursing Professionals - N47885
Preview this course before you buy: Click to view the CE course eBookAbout the Course:
Kentucky has a one-time 3-hour domestic violence education requirement for all Kentucky nurses. This course meets that requirement. This course is designed to assist nurses to recognize signs of domestic violence and take appropriate actions to care for the patient and meet the legal requirements for interventions.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Define domestic violence in Kentucky.
- Discuss rural differences that influence domestic violence situations.
- Examine the historical origins of domestic violence.
- Analyze the effects of domestic violence on specific populations.
- Discuss domestic violence mandatory licensure requirements for the state of Kentucky.
- Identify laws in Kentucky that impact domestic violence.
About the Author:
Marquetta Flaugher, PhD, ARNP-BC, is an advanced registered nurse practitioner who currently works at the Bay Pines VA Healthcare System in Bay Pines, Florida. She is an ANCC-certified family nurse practitioner and psychiatric mental health nurse. She has given numerous presentations on domestic violence via publications and national presentations. She is a member of several professional nurse practitioner organizations. She also currently teaches master’s level leadership courses at Southern New Hampshire University online and teaches nurse practitioner courses at Chamberlain University online.
How to Receive Credit:
- Read the entire course online or in print which requires a 3-hour commitment of time.
- Complete the Self-Assessment Quiz Questions either integrated throughout or all at the end of the course.
- These questions are NOT GRADED. The questions are included to help affirm what you have learned from the course.
- The correct answer is shown after the question is answered. If the incorrect answer is selected, a Rationale for the correct answer is provided.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- If requested, provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory Nursing Course Evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
In accordance with the ANCC Standards for Commercial Support for continuing education, Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition
©2021: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up-to-date at the time of printing, but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
All individuals involved have disclosed that they have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to this course. Likewise, and in compliance with California Assembly Bill No. 241, every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the content in this course is balanced and unbiased.