Laws and Rules for Ohio Nurses, 2nd Edition
Preview this course before you buy: Click to view the CE course eBookAbout the Course
The following course fulfills the Ohio Law and Rules Category A licensure requirements on standards for competent nursing practice for RNs, APRNs, and LPNs in Ohio. Within the course is information regarding education, licensing, scope and standards of practice, and patient safety.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the differences among the Ohio Revised Code, the Ohio Administrative Code, and the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Compare and contrast the difference in leadership roles among the registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs).
- Differentiate between the four forms of licensure: initial, renewal, endorsement, and compact.
- Explain how the “party invitation” of who, what, when, where, and why impacts the scope and standards of nursing.
- Analyze the protocol and subsequent actions of an RN or LPN when disputing a questionable order.
Brenda Williams, PhD, MBA, RN, has been active in nursing as an RN for 34 years, working in varied areas of nursing, including, clinical (hospital, traveling, urgent care, sales, outreach education, management); insurance (workers’ compensation, short-term and long-term health insurance, vocational rehab, utilization review, Medicaid, Medicare, management); in addition to teaching health care business at the collegiate level (political, legal and regulatory, finance/economics, trends in health care, social aspects, and policy). She has authored five articles for publication in the Ohio Nurse Review in 2016 and 2017 and will publish her first book in 2020. She is active in advocating for education of the public about dialysis options and is the director of the Parish Nursing Ministry at her church where she conducts public health research and teaches multiple health classes.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print which requires a 1-hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 70% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.