Men's Health: Erectile Dysfunction
About the Course
Erectile dysfunction impacts a male’s physical, sexual, and psychological health. Nurses and advanced practice nurses are challenged with providing healthcare to a diverse patient population with gender-specific sensitivities. This course aims to provide information that promotes increasing nurses’ knowledge regarding erectile dysfunction. Nurses and advanced practice nurses need competence in understanding the physiology, pathophysiology, and clinical interventions for erectile dysfunction that promote male physical, sexual, and psychological health.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence of erectile dysfunction.
- Identify three types of erections.
- Explain two components of normal erection physiology.
- Describe two mechanisms of erection pathophysiology.
- Outline risk factors associated with erectile dysfunction.
- Discuss four essential aspects of the clinical assessment for erectile dysfunction.
- Summarize three possible erectile dysfunction clinical management strategies.
About the Author
Demetrius J. Porche, DNS, PhD, FNP, APRN, PCC, ANEF, FACHE, FAANP, FAAN, is dean and professor at Louisiana State University Health School of Nursing and is the founding editor and editor-in-chief of the American Journal of Men’s Health. He is certified as a family nurse practitioner and a community/public health clinical nurse specialist. He has written three textbooks: Epidemiology for the Advanced Practice Nurse: A Population Health Approach, Health Policy: Application for Nurses and Other Healthcare Professionals, and Public and Community Health Nursing Practice: A Population-Based Approach. Dr. Porche has published extensively on men’s health, leadership, administration, HIV/AIDS, and primary care. He has held leadership positions at the Louisiana State Board of Nursing, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Southern Nursing Research Society, Southern Regional Educational Board Council on Collegiate Education in Nursing, American Assembly for Men in Nursing, and American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print which requires a 1- hour commitment of time
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 70% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.