Preventing and Dealing with Sexual Harassment in the Workplace for Illinois Professionals
Preview this course before you buy: Click to view the CE course eBook
About the Course
Sexual harassment fosters a toxic workplace that can lead to increased staff turnover, medical errors, patient dissatisfaction, and legal action against employers and those who commit sexual harassment. It is imperative that all individuals in the workplace know the laws that govern sexual harassment, how to recognize it, how to prevent it, and how to help employees who are victims of sexual harassment in the workplace. This course meets Illinois requirements for continuing education regarding sexual harassment.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Define sexual harassment.
- Describe behaviors that constitute sexual harassment.
- Describe state and federal laws enacted to protect employees from sexual harassment.
- Identify the categories of sexual harassment.
- Describe the concept of retaliation.
- Identify strategies for managers to deal with and prevent sexual harassment.
- Describe the responsibilities of employers in the prevention, investigation, and corrective measures of sexual harassment.
About the Author
Dr. Robin McCormick, DNP, RN, has been?a nurse leader for over 23 years in nursing practice, leadership, management, and education. Dr. McCormick earned a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) from Troy University in 2018, a Master of Science in Nursing degree from the University of South Alabama in 2007, and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in 2000 from Troy University. Dr. McCormick has published and presented on topics relevant to?nursing practice and education on the local, national, and international levels. With a passion for improving community health outcomes,?Dr. McCormick has a research focus on mental health, maternal-child outcomes, and?community health. Dr. McCormick strives to develop training that?will?empower individuals and communities to achieve their highest level of health and well-being.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print which requires a 1-hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 75% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.