Suicide Prevention: Identifying and Intervention with the At-Risk Person
About the Course
This course will examine suicide warning signs, safety assessment and safety planning for teens and adults. An overview of suicide and prevention will include key protective factors and managing the suicidal person.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of suicide including risk factors and warning signs.
- Develop a skill set in “asking the question” and how to “start the conversation.”
- Develop a plan for intervention, referral, and follow-up.
About the Presenter
David J Denino, LPC, NCC, is an experienced educator and an expert in mental health first response, suicide prevention, and mental health interventions. David has presented at many state and national conferences and has provided consulting services to a variety of both national and state organizations. He is a master trainer of Question Persuade Refer (QPR), having taught the QPR curriculum for several years, and was the key person in bringing the QPR model to the state university system in Connecticut. A certified clinical trauma professional, David is also a Red Cross mental health first responder and is the mental health lead for the states of Connecticut and Rhode Island. As such, he has assisted with relief efforts for hurricanes Katrina, Sandy, and Harvey as well as provided mental health support at the Sandy Hook and Las Vegas shootings.
How to Receive Credit
- Listen to the entire recording which requires a 1-hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 75% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider?of nursing continuing?professional development?by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.