Texas Ethics and Jurisprudence for Nurses, 2nd Edition
Preview this course before you buy: Click to view the CE course eBookAbout the Course
This course satisfies the requirement for 2 contact hours of Jurisprudence and Ethics information, as required by the Texas Board of Nursing. It reviews legal and ethical concerns surrounding nursing care and related rules and regulations.
Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain how nursing practice is regulated in Texas.
- Describe the role of the Texas Board of Nursing, including its authority and responsibilities.
- Explain how Texas rule 217.11/standards of nursing practice regulate nursing practice.
- Describe recent amendments to Texas State Laws and Rules that affect ethical and legal nursing practice standards.
- Discuss the relevance of Texas Board of Nursing Position Statements as they pertain to nursing practice.
- Discuss legal and ethical principles of nursing practice.
- Discuss the relationship between nursing professional boundaries and appropriate nursing practice.
Adrianne E. Avillion, DEd, RN, is an accomplished nursing professional development specialist and health care author. She earned her doctoral degree in adult education and her MS in nursing from Penn State University, and a BSN from Bloomsburg University. Dr. Avillion has held a variety of nursing positions as a staff nurse in critical care and physical medicine and rehabilitation settings with an emphasis on neurological and mental health nursing as well as a number of leadership roles in nursing professional development. She has published extensively and is a frequent presenter at conferences and conventions devoted to the specialty of continuing education and nursing professional development. Dr. Avillion owns and is the CEO of Strategic Nursing Professional Development, a business that specializes in continuing education for health care professionals and consulting services in nursing professional development.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print, which requires a 2-hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 70 percent or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a health care provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2022: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Course ID: 73342