Travel Nursing: Opportunities and Experiences During the Pandemic to Now
About the Course
The COVID-19 pandemic provided a perfect storm of sorts for the travel nursing industry. Lucrative contracts flourished and demand for travel nurses soared! Those nurses who were willing and available to respond to the healthcare needs of the pandemic could find surging hourly wages for their assignments. However, it was not an ideal, easy, rosy experience. Increased pay was correlated to the situations that nurses might encounter while working during the stressful, uncertain, and sometimes isolating times of the pandemic. Listen in to this podcast to hear about an inside view of travel nursing during the pandemic from a travel nurse’s perspective.
Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify two factors to consider when deciding to look for a travel nursing agency or assignment.
- Examine how the COVID-19 pandemic changed travel nursing as we knew it and identify two factors associated with an increased demand for travel nurses.
- Indicate one feeling travel nurses may have felt while working during the pandemic.
- Identify two possible job opportunities for travel nurses after the peak of the pandemic.
About the Author
Ivette Palomeque, BSN, RN, is the founder of Frontline Life Media, www.frontlinelife.co, which is a resource and website for frontline healthcare workers. She was a travel nurse on COVID-19 Disaster Response Teams during the pandemic. Ivette is a trained critical care nurse who has extensive experience in intensive care units including medical ICU, surgical ICU, OB ICU, shock trauma ICU, transplant ICU, neuro ICU, burn ICU, and cardiovascular ICU. She has also provided patient care on rapid response and code blue teams.
How to Receive Credit
- View the entire recording which requires a 1-hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 70% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2022: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.