Overview of Texas Pharmacy Law, 2nd Edition
About the Course
This continuing education course provides important background information on the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, their role in revising and adopting changes to the law, and important Texas State Pharmacy Law updates from Early 2021 through the first half of 2023.
Upon the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the eligibility qualifications and make-up of the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Explain the powers and duties of the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- List the steps required to propose updates to Texas State Pharmacy Law and where to find information from the Board regarding confirmed and proposed updates.
- Discuss important updates to Texas State Pharmacy Law adopted between February 2021 and May 2023
About the Author/Presenter
Patricia Weiser, PharmD is a licensed pharmacist and freelance medical writer. She earned her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. She has more than 14 years of clinical experience as a community and hospital pharmacist. Dr. Weiser is passionate about preventative healthcare. Through writing, she strives to educate and empower people to take an active role in managing their health and wellness.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print which requires a 1-hour commitment of time.
- After completion of the course, complete the final examination. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
Note to Nursing professionals: Depending on your state requirements, you will be asked to either affirm that you have completed the course, or you will be required to complete the Post-test included in the course.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. (Provider #0607). Your hours will be reported to CPE Monitor within 10 business days after course completion.
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmaceutical education. (Provider #0607).