Combined Training: Designing Effective Multi-Goal Exercise Programs, 1/24/2024
About the Course:
Discover how to develop general fitness as well as strength and conditioning programs to account for interference theory. Learn how to use contemporary training methods like plyometric supersets, cardio-strength supersets, and circuits to build effective and safe combined training programs designed for multiple fitness goals. Packed with real-world clinical applications and sample routines, this course is designed with the working professional and immediate field application in mind.
- Identify what muscle clocks are and how they relate to exercise programming and scheduling.
- Recognize interference theory and the research on the effects of cardiovascular endurance training on muscle strength and power development.
- Identify effective exercise sessions and programs for general fitness and weight loss goals.
- Identify effective strength and power training sessions and programs to increase muscle performance.
- Select mode, frequency, duration, volume, and intensity of training to design sessions and programs that maximize muscle performance for different goals.
- Recognize effective programs that use contemporary rest and recovery guidelines.
About the Author:
Amy Ashmore holds a PhD. in Kinesiology from the University of Texas at Austin. She is the author of Timing Resistance Training: Programming the Muscle Clock for Optimal Performance (Human Kinetics, 2020), dozens of articles, blogs, and training and continuing education programs recognized by National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA), American Council on Exercise (ACE), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), Board of Certification (BOC-EBP), and all State Boards of Physical Therapy. Amy is former Sports Sciences faculty at Florida State University and the former Program Director for Sports Sciences at the American Military University. She is located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
How to Receive Credit
- View the entire recording which requires a 2-hour commitment of time.
- After completion of the course, complete the final examination. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Note to Nursing professionals: Depending on your state requirements, you will be asked to either affirm that you have completed the course, or you will be required to complete the Post-test included in the course.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information prov