Functional Myofascial Decompression, 5/15/2024
About the Course:
During this course, you will gain an in-depth understanding of how to increase or regress the intensity of cupping and therefore making it easier to program this treatment appropriately. The demonstrations will show you various tools for cupping and you will view general treatment strategies to apply cupping both static and dynamically. From Cervico-Thoracic to lower leg, ankle and foot you will take a step-by-step approach and learn the most effective ways to combine patient movement and cupping techniques. You can expect to leave with the confidence and knowledge needed to develop cupping sessions for your patient based on your assessment and the individual needs of your patient.
- Identify the principles of functional cupping and supporting evidence.
- Recognize the physiological and neurological effects of cupping.
- Select the proper techniques to apply cupping for best results.
- Identify common cupping techniques and review indications/contraindications for each.
- Select the cupping techniques can be combined with corrective exercise to improve pain, sprains/strains, swelling, tendinopathies, and more.
About the Author:
Pieter L. de Smidt has over 30 years of experience as a Physical Therapist. He has achieved certifications in Mckenzie Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy, Manual Therapy, and Sports Therapy. With his Post- Professional Doctorate in PT he specialized in management of musculoskeletal injuries of the spine & extremities. He passionate about combining hands-on treatment with pain science education. Pieter L. de Smidt practices in his own clinic, “Reset-Wellness Physical Therapy & Medical Fitness”, in Houston, TX. He uses an evidence-based, integrated approach of manual therapy and exercise. The main focus of his practice is to bridge the gap between rehab and fitness by improving patients’ lifestyle choices through education and to incorporate strength and conditioning principles into physical therapy treatments.
How to Receive Credit:
- View the entire recording which requires a 3-hour commitment of time.
- After completion of the course, complete the final examination. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Note to Nursing professionals: Depending on your state requirements, you will be asked to either affirm that you have completed the course, or you will be required to complete the Post-test included in the course.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented