The Rotator Cuff: Deep Tissue Protocols to Stop the Pain!
About the Course:
This course is intended to instruct the professional on a comprehensive understanding of the shoulder complex and the skills to precisely release the affected muscles.
- Identify the anatomy of the shoulder complex and rotator cuff
- Select five common causes of rotator cuff injuries
- Identify nine techniques to precisely palpate and release the rotator cuff muscles
- Identify seven techniques to precisely palpate and release the seven additional muscles that profoundly affect the shoulder complex
- Identify twelve stretches for the rotator cuff and associated muscles
About the Author:
Peggy Lamb, MA, LMT, NCTMB has been practicing massage since 1986 and is Nationally Certified. She received her initial training at the New Mexico Academy of Massage and Advanced Healing Arts in Santa Fe and at Wellness Skills, Inc. in Dallas. She taught Clinical Anatomy and Physiology, Trigger Point Therapy and Swedish Technique at Wellness Skills, Inc. and is now on the faculty of Texas Healing Arts Institute in Austin. Peggy holds a Masters Degree in Dance from American University in Washington, D.C. She also teaches dance and yoga and is a personal trainer. Peggy is an approved CEU provider for the Texas Department of Health, the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and by the Florida Department of Health. She brings her eclectic and extensive background into her teaching for an interesting and enlightening learning experience.
How to Receive Credit
- View the entire recording which requires a 4-hour commitment of time.
- After completion of the course, complete the final examination. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Note to Nursing professionals: Depending on your state requirements, you will be asked to either affirm that you have completed the course, or you will be required to complete the Post-test included in the course.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is a