This article appeared in the September 2015 issue of ADVANCE.
1. Hwang, I, Kim, Y, Kim, K, Shen, D, Lee, S, Kim, H, Sohn, D, (2014). Diagnostic yield of coronary angiography in patients with acute chest pain: role of noninvasive test. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2014; 32: 1-6.
2. Opolski, M, Kepka, C, Witkowski, A. CT evaluation of vulnerable plaque: noninvasive fortune telling? International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging. 2011; 28: 1613 – 1615.
3. Wake Heart and Vascular. Cardiac CT angiography and calcium scoring. 2011; Retrieved May 1, 2014 from the World Wide Web: http://www.whvheart.com
4. Velzen, J, Graaf, F, Kroft, L, Roos, A, Reiber, J, Bax, J, Jukema, J, Schuijf, J, Schalij, M, Wall, E. (2011). International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging. 2011; 28; 865 – 876.
5. Clevland Clinic. Coronary computed tomography angiogram. 2011. Retrieved May 1, 2014 from the World Wide Web: http://myclevelandclinic.org
6. Hendel, R, Dahdah, N. The potential role for the use of cardiac computed tomography angiography for the acute chest pain patient in the emergency department: a cautionary viewpoint. Journal of Nuclear Cardiology. 2011: 18; 163-167.
7. Rubinshtein, R, Halon, G. Usefulness of 64 slice cardiac computed tomographic angiography for diagnosing acute coronary syndrome and predicting outcomes in emergency department with chest pain of unknown origin. International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging. 2007: 115; 1762- 1768.
8. Hollander, J, Chang, A, Shofer, R. One year outcomes following coronary computed tomographic angiography for evaluation of emergency departments patients with acute coronary syndrome. Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2009: 16; 693-698.
9. Meijboom, W, Meijs, M, Schuijf, J. Diagnostic accuracy of a 64 slice computed tomography coronary angiography: a prospective, multicenter, multivendor study. Journal of Cardiology. 2008: 52; 2135-2144.
10. White, C. Acute chest pain in the emergency department. Cardiovascular Imaging and Therapeutics. 2008: 245; 1-9.
11. Rajani, R, Brum, R, Carr-White, G, Berman, D. International Journal of Clinical Practice. 2011: 65; 1267-1273.
12. Chow, B, Yam, Y. Usefulness of computed tomographic coronary angiography in patients with acute chest pain and without high risk features. American Journal of Cardiology. 2010: 106; 463-469.
13. Goldstein, J, Gallagher, M, O’Neil, W. et al. A randomized controlled of multi slice coronary computed tomography for evaluation of chest pain. Journal of Cardiology. 2007: 49; 863-871.