Mental Health Crisis Response
About the Course
This course describes people at risk for a mental health crisis, symptoms of people who are experiencing a mental health crisis, and strategies to respond to a client who is currently experiencing a mental health crisis. The role of peer support and community health workers are also defined.?
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify people at risk for a mental health crisis.
- Describe symptoms of people who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Recognize strategies to respond to a client who is currently experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Define peer support and community health workers and understand their role.
Dr. Candace Pierce DNP, RN, CNE, COI
Dr. Robin McCormick, DNP, RN
Dr. Robyn Caldwell DNP, FNP-BC
How to Receive Credit
- View the entire recording or read the transcript in print online and complete the course workbook which requires a 2 hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 75% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest*
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.?
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are