Combing Through Canine Tick Borne Disease: How Big Ailments Can Arrive in Small Package
About the Course:
Canine tick-borne disease is an important topic for veterinarians to be knowledgeable about. Ticks are found throughout the United States, and the majority of dogs will come into contact with a tick during their lifetime. This course discusses relevant tick-borne disease in dogs, after reviewing common species of ticks that clinicians may encounter in a veterinary setting, as well as the geographical ranges of these ticks.
- Identify the risk factors of tick-borne diseases in dogs.
- Review important tick species found within the United States.
- Compare the differing clinical presentations of tick paralysis, Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and canine Ehrlichiosis.
- Construct a correct and effective treatment plan for treating tick paralysis, Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and canine Ehrlichiosis.
- Explain the importance of proper tick prevention and tick-borne disease vaccination (if applicable).