Georgia Ethics and Jurisprudence, 3rd edition
About the Course
The study of ethics is fundamental to the successful clinical practice of all healthcare professionals. Although most healthcare workers possess an innate desire to help others, there are additional guidelines in each profession that must be observed for the consistent delivery of quality health care. The American Physical Therapy Association's (APTA) ethics documents include the Code of Ethics for Physical Therapists (APTA, 2020a), APTA Guide for Professional Conduct (2019a), APTA Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant (2020b), and the APTA Guide for Conduct of the Physical Therapist Assistant (2019c).
- Define ethics, morality, and integrity.
- Identify the theoretical basis of ethical decision-making and the application of ethics in healthcare.
- Identify the principles of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Code of Ethics for Physical Therapists and the principles of the APTA Guide for Professional Conduct.
- Describe the laws pertaining to physical therapy practice in the Georgia General Provisions, the Georgia Physical Therapy Practice Act, and the Georgia State Board of Physical Therapy Rules and Policies.
- Identify the content on the Georgia Board of Physical Therapy website and current continuing education reporting procedures.
About the Author
Dr. Cristina Roy is a healthcare provider based in New York CIty. She works as a Researcher, Health Content Writer, Educator and Clinician in her field. She is an active member of the American Physical Therapy Association and sits on the board of the Federal Physical Therapy Section’sAmputation Care Special Interest Group. In addition to her Doctorate in Physical Therapy she has achieved recognition as a Neurologic Clinical Specialist and Adaptive Recreation/Sports Specialist. In addition to her role as PT Planner for Elite Professional Education, she is part of a research team improving prosthetic and orthotic devices for the Department of veterans affairs.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print.
- Answer the final examination questions at the end of the course. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Note to Nursing professionals: Depending on your state requirements, you will be asked to either affirm that you have completed the course, or you will be required to complete the Post-test included in the course.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.