HIV/AIDS: Protecting Your Clients and Yourself for Barbers, 2nd edition - For Initial Licensure
About the Course
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) are commonly recognized terms. However, while many have heard of these terms, the stigmatization of HIV-positive individuals paired with commonly believed myths and misconceptions surrounding the HIV/AIDS epidemic can influence behaviors when working with HIV positive persons. Barbers must be comfortable working around all types of people, and misinformation can interfere with their ability to provide quality, non-discriminatory services to all clients.
This course is for Initial Licensure
- Define and compare HIV and AIDS.
- Describe how HIV is transmitted.
- Recognize popular misconceptions and stigma surrounding HIV/AIDS.
- Identify standard precautions that can be taken to prevent spreading HIV/AIDS within your workplace.
- Recall rules and regulations regarding HIV/AIDS status disclosure relevant to professionals and their clients.
Paraphrase protections afforded to HIV-positive barbers under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print.
- Answer the final examination questions at the end of the course. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.