Autoimmune Disorders and Cosmetology
About the Course
This course will help salon owners and cosmetologists recognize autoimmune disorders and how they affect the hair and nails. The most common autoimmune disorders that are related to hair and skin as well as their triggers in the salon will be covered. This will also include stylists’ risk for autoimmune disorders due to occupational risks in the salon. The learner will also be able to recognize symptoms related to autoimmune disorders in their clients.
- Define autoimmune disorders.
- List common autoimmune disorders.
- Explain how autoimmune disorders can affect hair and nails.
- Explain the link between hair dye and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Identify the link between formaldehyde and autoimmune disorders.
- List environmental factors that lead to autoimmune diseases.
Mary Anne Jennelle has built a successful 20+ year career as a cosmetologist. Mary Anne has built a large clientele with her knowledge obtained through many years of customer interaction and continuing education. She also has her cosmetology instructor’s license and a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice and psychology. She has created curriculum for cosmetology courses and schools both online and in the classroom.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print.
- Answer the final examination questions at the end of the course. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.