Introduction to Oncology Esthetics
About the Course
This course will help assist each student in understanding cancer in its simplest form. In addition to gaining an understanding of the fundamentals of Cancer, this course will also include the stages of Cancer, Cancer treatments and the side effects. The learner will also be able to recognize alternatives to help your client while he or she is undergoing cancer treatments and empower each student with the knowledge to perform informal skin cancer checks within the treatment room.
- Explain the fundamentals of cancer and how it attacks the body.
- List the stages 1-4.
- Distinguishing various treatment plans and their effect on the body.
- Identify which specific protocols should not be done during active treatments.
- Determine scope of practice and not blurring those lines.
- Explaining alternative options to help your clients through treatments.
- Understand how to be compassionate and a source of comfort for clients.
About the Author
Leslie Syron is a licensed Esthetician that has been in the beauty industry for over 25 years. She ran a successful business until 2017, when she was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer. Leslie’s diagnosis and two years of treatments and surgeries prohibited her from returning to what she loved. She returned to the beauty industry, but this time on a different path. Leslie was excited to finally be able to use her college major in journalism and begin a second vibrant career educating others about beauty. Leslie is now a Beauty/Health and Wellness Content Writer who has been published in over 32 countries in various professional magazines, including Professional Beauty in Australia, and Skin Inc.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print.
- Answer the final examination questions at the end of the course. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.