Performing Facial Extractions
About the course
In this course, students will learn about properly performing facial extractions during a client service. The course will cover facial extraction performed in salons, spas, and medical offices and when this service is recommended. Students will learn what questions to ask clients before performing the service, proper safety and preparation before, during, and after the service and what to expect following facial extractions. At the conclusion of the course, students will be more knowledgeable about facial extraction procedures in various professional environments and how to apply what they have learned.
- Review the procedure for safely performing facial extractions during a facial or other skin care treatment and discuss the benefits and risks of the procedure.
- Define facial extractions and the skin issues the procedure is designed to treat, as well as the skin conditions that benefit from facial extractions.
- Recognize the signs of skin irritation or injury after facial extractions with specific examples of symptoms.
- Utilize best practices to successfully perform a facial extraction in a salon, medical spa, or doctor’s office.
- Conduct a thorough client consultation to determine skin type, allergies, and skin conditions before performing a facial extraction.
- Identify, evaluate, and apply information to recognize products and processes necessary for safe and effective facial extractions.
- Recognize products and tools used in facial extraction procedures and utilize proper infection control.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print.
- Answer the final examination questions at the end of the course. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.