The Chemical Makeup and Anatomy of Human Hair, Updated
About the Course
This course will explore the complexity of the seemingly simple human hair. There will be an in-depth study of the functions, structure, anatomy, growth, and classifications of hair.
- Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Examine the definition of hair.
- Distinguish the distinct differences of human hair to that of other mammals.
- Identify the types of hair covering the human body from gestation to adulthood, paired with an understanding of their critical functions.
- Recognize the chemical make-up of the hair, including the types of chemical elements, trace minerals, and amino acids found in the hair.
- Practice knowledge of alpha keratin and its relationship to the cellular composition and bond structure of the hair.
- Recognize the anatomy of the hair, including the individual structures of both the follicle and the shaft.