Advanced Skin Barrier Knowledge
Course release date: 6/26/2020
About the Course:
Gain advanced knowledge about the skin barrier and its health to better serve your clients while improving your ability to diagnose common skin conditions cosmetologists see in the treatment room every day. The skin barrier is an essential component of the skin and is key in helping clients achieve their skin goals, whether it’s overcoming texture concerns, inflammatory skin conditions or signs of aging. Unfortunately, this important factor of skin health is often overlooked, preventing skin therapists from correcting troublesome skin conditions, often masking the symptoms instead.
The purpose of this course is to familiarize cosmetologists with advanced knowledge of the skin barrier in order to prevent and treat skin conditions resulting in a compromised skin barrier while gaining a deeper understanding of the skin’s physiology, functions, and structure.
- Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss the function of the skin barrier and its purpose.
- Describe what a healthy and unhealthy skin barrier looks like.
- List ways the skin barrier can become impaired.
- Explain the factors that can cause skin barrier impairment.
- Describe how to support a healthy skin barrier.
Sarah Payne is a Denver based expert esthetician and co-founder of Sarah Nicole Skincare. She’s known for returning abused sensitive skin back to a glowing state without harsh products while boosting her client's skin confidence and self-worth. Sarah’s work has been featured in Allure, New Beauty, NBC News, and D Magazine among others.