Chemical Texturizing Services in the Salon
About the Course:
This course will help salon owners and cosmetologist become knowledgeable about the basics of chemical texturizing in the salon. It is intended to refresh their knowledge on standard chemical texturizing services. This course will provide updates on advancements to traditional perms and relaxers and the newest services in texturizing hair as well as the changes that have taken place.
Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain chemical reactions that occur during permanent waving
- Explain the purpose of neutralizing in a permanent wave
- Describe different permanent waving techniques
- Compare the traditional chemical texturizing services to the new services available
- Give examples of new chemical texturizing services.
About the Author
Mary Anne Jennelle has built a successful 20+ year career as a cosmetologist. Mary Anne has built a large clientele with her knowledge obtained through many years of customer interaction and continuing education. She also has her cosmetology instructor’s license and a Bachelor of Science degree in criminal justice and psychology. She has created curriculum for cosmetology courses and schools both online and in the classroom.