Cosmetology Hazards and Occupational Chemical Exposure in Salons
About the Course
Cosmetologists are exposed to various chemicals every day in their profession. Many of the products used in salons have been linked to health risks due to chemicals found in their products.
- Explain why certain chemicals may be harmful and why.
- Identify products found in the salon that contain chemicals.
- Describe how chemicals enter the body.
- List some examples of hazardous chemicals in salon products.
- Name the health issues caused by chemical exposure in the salon.
- List examples of ways to reduce exposure to chemicals in the salon.