The Effects of Environmental Pollution on Skin
About the Course
It is well known that pollution causes devastation to the environment, but pollution is also detrimental to our health, including the health of our skin. This course will help skin care experts stay informed and educate their clients about the harmful long-term effects of environmental pollution including blue light, skin aging, and skin cancer.
- Comprehend the effects environmental pollution has on skin.
- Differentiate indoor and outdoor pollutants and how to prevent premature aging.
- Explain the role of pollution and in causing skin cancer.
- Recognize the various sources of light pollution and how to avoid them.
- Implement spa treatments with anti-pollution ingredients that help to reduce inflammation and strengthen the barrier function.
- Identify sun-induced pigmentation and how to treat it.
About the Author
Lisa M. Johnson is a licensed esthetician and graduate of the Naperville Skin Institute in Naperville, IL. She has been a part of the skincare industry for eight years, working in various roles, including as a men’s fragrance and skincare ambassador for prestige retail chains, as a content writer, including with Examiner.com, and as a blogger, at her Skin Happi Esthetics blog where she shares her passion for skin wellness. She draws her inspiration from her love of nature, which she attributes to her late grandmother. She resides in Chicago, IL, with her two beautiful children and family pet dogs, Symba and Panda.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print.
- Answer the final examination questions at the end of the course. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.