Death of a Parent
About the Course
This course will help funeral directors and other funeral professionals serve their grieving clients and families to the best of their abilities. Funeral professionals can help mourners acknowledge their loss and mark this moment with respect. As a funeral professional, your role is to offer a guiding hand as mourners celebrate their deceased with respect and grace. Your clients should be able to look back on this tumultuous time and feel that they did their best to honor their parent. Your goal is that, years later, they will recall the funeral and find warmth and solace.
Upon the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Examine how the loss of a parent is especially difficult for adults and minors
- Give examples of how Funeral professionals and clergy can work together
- Recognize different grieving methods for adults and children
- Identify ways to help minors express their grief
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print which requires a 1-hour commitment of time.
- After completion of the course, complete the final examination. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
Note to Nursing professionals: Depending on your state requirements, you will be asked to either affirm that you have completed the course, or you will be required to complete the Post-test included in the course.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.