OSHA and CDC Guidelines for the Funeral Profession
About the Course
This course provides information about the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) guidelines for those in the funeral profession. These guidelines, including bloodborne pathogen training, are based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Universal and Standard Precautions to protect workers against infection and transmission of disease.
- List and explain the OSHA guidelines for the prevention of the transmission of bloodborne pathogens in the mortuary setting.
- Identify the appropriate personal protective equipment to protect the eyes, face, hands, feet, and respiratory system from hazardous materials in the mortuary setting according to OSHA and CDC guidelines.
- List five guidelines from the OSHA Formaldehyde Standards.
- Identify and define the Standard Precautions from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that apply to mortuary and funeral procedures.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print.
- Answer the final examination questions at the end of the course. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is approved by the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice (APFSP) (Provider #1046). APFSP also approves all funeral courses. Many states accept APFSP approved courses.