The Impact of Grief in the Elder Adult Population
About the Course
Loss of a significant other means not only the loss of a meaningful attachment but may also include the loss of a social network, financial means, a history, a life role, and hopes for the future. The sting of death is no less painful to an individual in older adulthood than to a youth looking to their life ahead. In fact, losing someone from an already declining network of friends means the next step closer to complete isolation and possible serious depression resulting from complicated grief. This course will help the Funeral professional become well-versed and actively involved in the advocacy of the advanced aging population.
Upon the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the potential for complicated grief in an elder individual and better provide relevant suggestions for help.
- Describe and discuss the extensive impact of bereavement and the special circumstances of loss in older adulthood.
- Summarize and explain issues of diversity in elder age loss.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print which requires a 1-hour commitment of time.
- After completion of the course, complete the final examination. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
Note to Nursing professionals: Depending on your state requirements, you will be asked to either affirm that you have completed the course, or you will be required to complete the Post-test included in the course.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers