Laws and Rules Governing Massage Practice in the State of Florida
About the Course
Excerpts of The Florida Massage Practice Act and Florida Administrative Code are found within this course, these pages will help you interpret the laws and rules specifically as a massage therapist.
- Define "massage" according to the Florida Massage Therapy Act.
- List the qualifications for licensure as a professional massage therapist under Florida law.
- Explain the meaning and significance of "biennial" licensing renewal, and list the necessary continuing education requirements.
- List the acts that are grounds for disciplinary action against massage therapists.
- Describe the relationship and responsibilities of apprentices and sponsors in an approved apprenticeship training program.
- Describe the requirements for instructors and massage therapy students training in colonics irrigation.
- List the laws and guidelines governing establishments of massage therapy.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2022: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing, but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.