Navigating Bariatric Patient Care
About the Course
Join Nycole Oliver, DNP, APRN, RN, FNP-C, ACNPC-AG, CEN, FAEN as she delves into bariatric patient care. From pre-operative preparations to post-operative care and lifestyle adjustments, we'll examine the multidisciplinary approach that is essential for the success of weight loss surgery. Plus, we'll hear her firsthand account of her struggles with obesity, her decision to undergo surgery, and her ongoing efforts to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the key components of a successful multidisciplinary approach to bariatric patient care.
- Analyze the challenges and benefits of weight loss surgery from the perspective of a healthcare provider and a patient.
- Evaluate the impact of obesity on individuals' health and well-being.
About the Presenter
Nycole Oliver, DNP, APRN, RN, FNP-C, ACNPC-AG, CEN, FAEN
How to Receive Credit
- Listen to the entire recording which requires a half-hour commitment of time.
- At the end of the course, answer the Yes/No Affirmation question to indicate that you have completed the educational activity.
- Specific to Florida: A mandatory Final Examination with a passing score of 75% or higher is required. Exam questions link content to the course Learning Outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.