Nursing Management of Sepsis, 2nd Edition
About the Course
This course offers a comprehensive understanding of sepsis and its management for healthcare. Participants will explore the definition and pathophysiology of sepsis and the signs and symptoms that facilitate early recognition. The course will also focus on identifying patients at risk of sepsis and provide recommendations and guidelines for effective sepsis management. Additionally, healthcare providers will learn methods to prevent sepsis and healthcare-associated infections (HAIs). The course concludes with an examination of post-sepsis.
Upon the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Distinguish between sepsis and septic shock.
- Recognize the underlying physiological processes of sepsis.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of sepsis.
- Recognize the recommendations and guidelines for managing sepsis.
- Identify nurse-led sepsis protocols.
- Describe how the nurse can help to prevent healthcare-associated infections.
About the Author/Presenter
Humberto Reinoso, Ph.D., FNP-BC, ENP-BC, is an Assistant Professor and Nurse Practitioner Coordinator at Georgia Baptist College of Nursing, Mercer University. With 16 years of clinical experience, his roles have progressed from a dedicated bedside RN in a busy Florida teaching hospital's emergency department to an emergency nurse practitioner. Dr. Reinoso holds dual certifications as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Emergency Nurse Practitioner (ENP), overseeing diverse nursing care for ED patients. His Ph.D. from Barry University informs his teaching methods, blending guidelines and real-world situations. His passion lies in preparing nurses for advanced practice, bridging clinical practice with theoretical education. In his role, he unites clinical practice with nurturing future advanced practice professionals.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print which requires a 3.5-hour commitment of time.
- After completion of the course, complete the final examination. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Note to Nursing professionals: Depending on your state requirements, you will be asked to either affirm that you have completed the course, or you will be required to complete the Post-test included in the course.
- Provide required personal and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is accredited as a provider?of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.