Sports Massage: Enhancing Training, Participation, and Recovery for Today's Athlete, 2nd Edition
About the Course
This course explores massage needs and methods unique to sports, with a focus on how the body responds to training and competition and the role that massage plays in both performance and recovery. Therapists learn how to assist athletes before, during and after competition through the use of massage.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate techniques to maximize performance prior to, during and following an event.
- Distinguish between active and passive flexibility.
- Differentiate static from dynamic flexibility.
- Assign specific flexibility techniques to pre-, mid- and post-event.
- List several important benefits of warm up.
- Describe the specificity principal.
About the Author/Presenter
James G. Menz, MS, LMT, CSCS, is the owner of JGM Consultants, LLC. where he constructs and provides approved continuing education courses for allied health professionals. Currently, he serves as an approved provider for New Jersey and Pennsylvania public school teachers, nurses, athletic trainers, and personal trainers through NSCA, NATA and ACE. James also serves as an adjunct Professor at Cumberland County College, in NJ, where he created and instructed certification level courses in massage therapy and personal fitness training. James developed and hosted information sessions that were open to the public. He instructs courses in nutrition and health care careers, which are delivered in traditional, online and hybrid formats. James earned his Master of Science in Kinesiology and Exercise Science from California University in Pennsylvania, as well as his Post Master's certification in Rehabilitation Science."
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course in print which requires a 2-hour commitment of time.
- After completion of the course, complete the final examination. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning outcomes as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Note to Nursing professionals: Depending on your state requirements, you will be asked to either affirm that you have completed the course, or you will be required to complete the Post-test included in the course.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest*
Planners, faculty, and others in control of content (either individually or as a group) have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri Healthcare, LLC not to accept support from ineligible companies. Furthermore, ineligible companies are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
©2023: All Rights Reserved. Materials may not be reproduced without the expressed written permission or consent of Colibri Healthcare, LLC. The materials presented in this course are meant to provide the consumer with general information on the topics covered. The information provided was prepared by professionals with practical knowledge of the areas covered. It is not meant to provide medical, legal, or professional advice. Colibri Healthcare, LLC recommends that you consult a medical, legal, or professional services expert licensed in your state. Colibri Healthcare, LLC has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content provided in this course is accurate and up to date at the time of printing but does not represent or warrant that it will apply to your situation nor circumstances and assumes no liability from reliance on these materials. Quotes are collected from customer feedback surveys. The models are intended to be representative and not actual customers.?
Accreditations and Approvals
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers. Our BOC approved provider number is: P3633
Colibri Healthcare, LLC is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (Provider #450215-06). Most states accept courses approved by this board.