We understand that working in a hospital environment (or just in healthcare) is incredibly stressful, especially when it feels like you live there. But take comfort in knowing you’re appreciated and never alone.
The next time you’re feeling stressed out from work, take out this list and see if you can add to it. Hopefully, it will give you a good laugh and relieve a little bit of stress at the same time.
16 Signs You Might Work in a Hospital
- You know how to clip a badge to every single item of clothing.
- You have at least three lanyards, and one of them may or may not be sparkly.
- You always know which bathroom is the least used.
- You have never heard of this ridiculous concept called “a break.”
- For you, snow days are a fantasy. They live in the same realm as fairies and dragons.
- No matter how bad something smells, you’ve actually smelled worse.
- You roll your eyes whenever your friends say how hectic and stressful their lives are.
- You know the correct way to cough or sneeze, and don’t hesitate to demonstrate the proper technique to strangers.
- You hear the word sphygmomanometer and know exactly what it’s used for.
- No matter where you are in the hospital, you know exactly where the nearest coffee pot is.
- You wear scrubs to the mall and really don’t care.
- Your hands smell like a combination of latex and hand sanitizer.
- You can only hold onto a pen for five minutes without losing it.
- You’ve become an expert at falling asleep pretty much anywhere.
- You feel like the cafeteria lady really gets you as a person.
- You consider hospital food a homemade meal.
Are any of these true for your profession? What can you add to the list?