Intimate Partner Violence Compassionate Care, Effective Assessment
About the course
The purpose of this course is to improve physician understanding of and competence in addressing intimate partner violence in their patient populations. It will provide information on evidence-based screening tools, and instructions for responding in compassionate and effective manners to their affected patients. Instructions for assisting patients in creating safety plans will be reviewed, and suggestions to identify resources helpful to victims of intimate partner violence.
- Describe the barriers experienced by patients and physicians that can prevent effective, compassionate care of potential survivors of IPV.
- Describe two screening tools for identifying potential victims of IPV.
- Identify three patient interviewing techniques of potential value in situations involving suspected IPV.
- Describe the key elements of a safety plan for survivors of IPV.
How to Receive Credit
- Read the entire course online or in print.
- Answer the final examination questions at the end of the course. A passing grade of 75% is required. Test questions link content to learning objectives as a method to enhance individualized learning and material retention.
- Provide required personal information and payment information.
- Complete the mandatory course evaluation.
- Print your Certificate of Completion.
Resolution of Conflict of Interest
Colibri Healthcare, LLC implemented mechanisms prior to the planning and implementation of the continuing education activity, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of the course activity.
Sponsorship/Commercial Support and Non-Endorsement
It is the policy of Colibri not to accept commercial support. Furthermore, commercial interests are prohibited from distributing or providing access to this activity to learners.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
InforMed is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
InforMed designates this enduring material for maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.